Sunday, March 21, 2021

Aufbruch - Abend in der Stadt


Lyrics in English:

"I stand here alone
Run away from home
All traffic lights are red
In this city, in this country
But where should I go?
I don't have an apartment
Best to go to the next pub
And there I get drunk
There's only trouble at home
Quarrel and quarrel and quarrel
My old people work in the factory
Not a big account in the bank
They gave me notice at the factory
I had no sheet of paper at my mouth
And now I stand here
It's evening on the town
Damn it, on this street
So many houses are empty
And the owners make money on the decay
Much, much more
The cold makes me freeze
The jacket doesn't keep the wind out
Something has to happen today
It's evening on the town
So go to my friends
As always in the damp corner
The houses must be inhabited
That's their purpose
And we don't want to ask any longer
Fed up with the authorities
Today we're moving into the houses
It's evening on the town
So go ahead, into the first house
Man, how this is falling into disrepair
We have our dreams
And that's more important than money
We want to live together
And not in a locker
That has a toilet
We're going to renovate
It's evening on the town!
What's going on out there?
Police march
The chief cop read an explanation
The politicians smeared it
The politicians represent the speculators
And lie outright
When the law is and is law
Yeah then I give a shit about it
It's evening on the town
So go ahead, built barricades
Let's defend our rights
Our right not to have boots on our faces
The mollis don't burn badly
The state shows its teeth
And we ensure tooth loss
We will fight back
We do not surrender in any case
Politicians, if you want the war
Then just keep on seeing the wind
The storm is coming back to you
When we are without an apartment again
Then we will occupy your villas
And the Deutsche Bank
And the German Reichstag
And then tomorrow it will be red in the country"  

No comments: