Sunday, March 29, 2020

Currently...

re: Others reactions to my commentary, deciding that I'm being "culturally superior",

Is it superior?
I'm absolutely very, very different in tastes and actions from my fellow humans, to the point that I more identify as alien. I'm fine with that.
I'm still flummoxed by others not being fine with that.
Just different, in very real and meaningful ways.
If my skin were green, I think my thoughts would be received more on-par with their intentions, rather than in contrast to one's own.

However, If I am in fact "culturally superior", then yay!

--------------------

(understanding that my insistence on making everything a godsdamned serious philosophical discussion is fucking annoying...)

What if, upon my mention of something like "1930's Weimar Berlin", a person chose to visit that milieu for a while.
Then, upon reflection, judged that activity to be a better use of their time than whatever the current cultural phenomenon was.
Would they then be in an elevated state of cultural superiority? 
If so, then I am gratified.

No comments: