Friday, December 18, 2020

BTW...

I'm convinced I am truly "better" than most humanoids, yet I am totally sure it has nothing to do with any characteristic of the meat sack I'm occupying. I simply have a better vision of objective reality, and ability to synthesize disparate ideas across perceived barriers of "truth". I do empathise for those who suffer such  delusions.

Am I doing it wrong?

"The first thing I always try to do in a conversation about this stuff is to restate what I think the other person's viewpoint is and then say, "What have I gotten wrong here about what you actually think?" Until people feel heard, we don't feel respected."

I find the "man in the mirror" approach works best for me, especially if I make clear that I, myself, am totally alien to to them (and not just them), up front.

"Prior to this discussion, I need to disclose that you are speaking to someone who is not an "American", theist, "liberal", or perhaps even human. Therefore, there are no "givens" or foregone conclusions applicable. So, let's start with are you standing on Earth, or is the Earth stuck to your feet?"

One can pay visit to a "primitive" culture/society and totally LOVE it. With all it's quaint customs and silly ideas, rituals, practices, beliefs. Still, having NO intention to "reform" or colonize/convert. It's just nice to visit. Let it be. But, be obviously and visibly very much NOT part of it.

Observe the Prime Directive, but keep forgetting your costume. 😜

Up here, on starship Andre, we've read thoroughly the classics, we've rejected the economies of worth, our engines are poetry powered. Fully automated, somewhat luxurious . Quite lonely.

No comments: