Saturday, January 01, 2011

Time wounds, all heals.

When time is a wolf,
the year a pack of
yellow teeth; when one by one
we lay us down, or

stop to kiss goodbyes
when one of us can
run no more, then back into
the trees; when the howls

pause for a moment
to finish those we've
left behind, or pick off the
slowest, the weakest...

When time is a wolf
we bleed in the snow,
we bleed like a trail of crumbs
beneath snow-black skies.

We inhale air dead
as skeleton grass,
we etch the stone-dead air with
pictures of our ghosts

and our stillborn drown
down the wind.
...But this
new year is a horse coursing
off a mountain white
with headwaters, and
green

with dreams of the
sea. When headwaters gallop
to the sea we fall

down the frozen banks
beneath the snow-blue
skies. Bleeding like an altar
we falter into

baptismal waters,
our bodies more scab
than skin. The track climbs into
forests white with bird

song, gold with sun-high
skies. We kneel in the
icing river, wash until
the water runs clean.

1 comment:

Arion said...

Hello, I found your blog through Cinetemagay. And let me say it's a good finding. I have always been interested in history, I've read Suetonius' Twelve Caesars and Julius Caesar's De Bello Gallico among many other books.

I'd love to count you as follower of my blog, and of course, I'll add myself as follower of your blog.
___________________________
www.artbyarion.blogspot.com