Monday, January 02, 2017

The B–Sides from Ricardo Bouyett on Vimeo.Oh, Bouy Volume 3...



The B–Sides from Ricardo Bouyett on Vimeo.

Oh, Bouy Volume 3 presents:

“The B–Sides”

An experimental narrative short that navigates manhood through the queer male lens. As a sexual assault survivor, I’ve had a turbulent time understanding love, sex, and men post-rape. This film is my way of syphoning out my issues with my sexuality and my relationship with myself. Not being able to relate to other men, let alone talk about it has made me turn my flashbacks, my suicidal thoughts, and my rage into visual poems. “The B-Sides” looks at the other side of the rape culture coin and explores manhood through vulnerability and sensitivity. In exhibiting the emotionality of manhood, “The B-Sides” denounces the normalization of toxic masculinity.

Cast:

Peter Austin
Kelly Stulgis (Voice)
Rian Mitchell
Nick Taylor
Joseph Lee
Benjamin Kinlaw
Malik Singleton

Music:
Go Fuck Yourself // Two Feet
Envy // Steve Matthew Carter
Him (a) // Ricardo Bouyett
Wound Up // Point Point
Him (b) // Ricardo Bouyett
Black Is The Color of My True Love’s Hair // Nina Simone
The Day I Lost Her // Sergio Díaz De Rojas

Spoken Word Poetry:
I Want That Feeling // Ricardo Bouyett
Black Privilege // Crystal Valentine
Blue // Ricardo Bouyett



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2hHpE9q

No comments: